SACRAMENTO, CA – Numerous cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) disease 2019 have been reported in California, including a Fresno County man who tested positive but is now in recovery. To take action and prepare for COVID-19 the California Department of Public Health recommends:
- Washing hands with soap and water.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying away from work, school or other people if you become sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
Typically coronaviruses cause mild-to-moderate respiratory illness. Symptoms are very similar to the flu, including:
- Shortness of breath
If you are experiencing the symptoms of COVID-19 we encourage you to call your health care provider or local public health department to seek help. The Governor recently made these tests no cost to consumers and we encourage you to call our district office staff if you need help finding access to care for this or are being erroneously charged for this critical test.